header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Exercise, Hockey, Friends, Polymer Clay, Menopause, Mood Disorders, and Slipknots

Hm… I guess I'm sort of a dork. My boss wanted me to replicate a graph, but he wanted me to do it in Excel. I don't know how to make graphs in Excel so I made it in PowerPoint. But when I looked up importing PowerPoint data into an Excel file… there were a million articles… except for the other way around. Apparently everyone else makes the Excel file then imports it into PowerPoint. D'oh! Oh well.


EXERCISE

So I've been walking about an hour a day (half an hour to work, half an hour back). I really regret that Bear can't go on these walks with me. I mean, he LIVES for walks. What a waste to walk and not be able to take him. Anyway, I hope the walking makes at least a dent in my desire to trim down to a healthier weight.


HOCKEY

Did I already mention that Mon's team has their last two season games this weekend? It will take a miracle to get them a play-off spot, but I've seen crazier things.

Wonder what she'll do once the season is over.

Gabe's been assisting Chip with goalie coaching. I'm very proud of him. He's being responsible and helpful.


FRIENDS

I'll have lunch with Alex and Patrice this Saturday (either before or after the open studio). Too bad I don't have anything dynamic to show them. Haven't been working much on jewelry.


POLYMER CLAY

Wonder if I can find time to play around a little this weekend with some PC. I need to perfect at least a few basic skills. So far I'm pretty lame at it. Maybe I have to go into a project with more of an idea what I'm going to do. I mean, with jewelry, it's the opposite… I have to let my mind go blank and then I just start putting things together. But maybe that doesn't work for me in all mediums. Hm… okay, maybe I'll sketch out a little plan of attack.


ELAYNE

Sorry for the delay. Sigh… Anyway, if I'm doing this right, here's a link the B&B site forums page.

And yes, pricing my jewelry is often stupidly related to my self-confidence. This is one of the hugest reasons I prefer to sell online. Second to that, is selling in person but to strangers. God help me if a friend or relative wants to buy something and asks me the price. I usually look down and mutter something that is most likely less than the materials cost. D'oh!


MENOPAUSE

Although there are any number of things you can do and/or take to help ease a woman through menopause and/or perimenopause, I think sometimes it's just nice to know you're not alone.

Here is a link to an article about the 34 symptoms of menopause. I think it's a must read for everyone near or in menopause and those around us.


CREATIVITY AND MOOD DISORDERS

Here's an interesting (IMO) article.



SLIPKNOT FOR CORD JEWELRY


This is a cool YouTube video for those who want to see a tutorial on making slipknot jewelry. And there are many variations once you know the basics.

My big question is… how do you secure the knot from coming undone? Glue? 'Cause I know, eventually, my knots will come undone.

I'd like to work with this technique but make it more visually aesthetic somehow. Hm… will have to think on that one.


Okay, that's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment