header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Muscle Memory, Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliaphobia, New Jewelry, American Pickers

Was reluctantly cleaning the kitchen today and found my box of enamels. Ha! Love it! Now I can experiment with some translucents.

Decided against any metal clay this weekend. Just felt like being lazy… beading and cleaning the apartment, doing laundry and looking at stuff on the internet.


MUSCLE MEMORY

Here is a good case for muscle memory. I got my small (61 key) electric keyboard out of storage and downloaded a couple pieces of sheet music. If I look at a new song, I’m pretty darn slow. But when I tried a piece I’d known REALLY well (like a Clementi Sonatina), my fingers totally still knew what to do. Freaky!

Not that I wasn’t INCREDIBLY rusty, but for the most part my fingers still knew where they wanted to go and where they wanted to go next.


TRIVIA

Here’s today’s useless info: Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliaphobia is the fear of long words.



NEW JEWELRY

Here are the second two pieces I listed (click on a pic for more details)…

One of a Kind Bracelet of Fine Silver and SRA Boro Lampwork in Blue


Aztec Stone of the Sun Sterling Silver Pendant Necklace with Coral and Resin One of a Kind



AMERICAN PICKERS

First time I’ve seen this show, but it’s fun watching people doing something they love. These two guys go around digging through junk, vintage items, and antiques in people’s garages, barns, backyards, etc. They make deals with the owners of said junk (that generally make the owners happy) and then turn a nice profit recycling this stuff to collectors.


Well, that’s it for now… I still have a lot to do… making jewelry, cleaning, playing piano. ;-)

TTYL!

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures

funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures

funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment