header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Friday, August 7, 2009

The first step in my Tiffany Peacock... and learning about dremel bits

Monica allowed me to polish one of her copper pieces (she's at her dad's this weekend). I took a "finishing abrasive buff" bit and polished the top layer (the "outies" of one… well, um… two of her pieces).

Actually, her pieces felt odd to me. I can't figure out if it's just because I'm not used to all copper, or if they aren't sintered properly, or if she just made them too thin.

I'm going to Hadar's tonight… will pick up some (a lot of!) bronze powder. I guess I can take some of Monica's pieces and see what Hadar things about why I think they look/feel weird.

Oh, speaking of going to Hadar's tonight… I guess what I need to do there is start on my Tiffany Peacock piece. Which means that before I get there, I need to do some more planning and sketching. Oh, maybe I can see if Hadar has any black cz's I could buy for the eye… otherwise it may be kind of odd to try to get a swark in there.

Y'know… I may also ask Hadar to explain (again) to me which dremel bits are to be used for which occasions.

Oh, back to the project for a second… here's my first sketch…



A lot of the success of this piece rests on tonight and my ability to build a peacock's body. I'm not a sculpture so this will really be a test.

Oh, and as usual, don't forget to check out my other blog. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment