header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

New Etsy (again), Saddle Rings, Pilbara Jasper

Who has embraced (or gone along with, kicking and screaming) the new Etsy layout/format?

What do you like and not like about it?

I've never been fond of shop banners that take up two-thirds of a computer screen.  We have an option to have no banner, but I've heard the banner is good for mobile use.  I'm sure in time I'll get used to it in time.  There are a few features that I used often that seem to be gone but squawking won't bring them back so I'll just move on.

I think I'm kind of behind in showing you... anything I've made recently.  So I'll start a little backwards.

A friend and wonderful metalsmith came to visit me a month or two back and recommended an online class in "boho rings".  I'd been working with saddle rings for a couple months already so this was the perfect class to learn a few more tips and chat with others working on similar projects.  The class pushed me into etching silver a different way than I had etched it previously.  I'm still experimenting with silver etching and will keep you informed of my progress.

Here are some of the saddle rings I made.  They're much more comfortable that I thought they'd be.  I still have full range of motion while wearing them and they fit the bill for what I'd been wanting to create for myself (I decided I needed to wear louder jewelry when I'm out and about... this is definitely loud jewelry).

http://brackendesigns.com/product/double-dragon-copper-ring-amber-and-silver-accents

http://brackendesigns.com/product/large-zen-garden-sterling-silver-boho-saddle-ring-featuring-changing-color-mood-stone

http://brackendesigns.com/product/medieval-style-large-sterling-silver-boho-saddle-ring-featuring-amber-and-amazonite

And where shall I end today?  Oh, I could tell you about a stone I found intriguing that I'd never heard of before.  It's called Pilbara Jasper.

Here are some examples:


But I have so many stones sitting in the workshop that need to be used before I start buying more.  (Yeah, like THAT'S going to happen!)

So let's get on with our day.  My goal is to (aside from making the rings and bracelets people have already ordered) try to make myself a necklace diffuser for my essential oils collection (which is growing like crazy).


No comments:

Post a Comment