header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Make Your Own Inspirational Rotating Art Boards

Last week I put some “inspiration boards” on my wall.

When I look at magazines and something strikes me as visually appealing, I clip the image and add it to a folder of other cut-out images. Last week I went to Michael’s (craft store) and got some of those poster-sized school project foam boards and glued the pages onto the boards.


(I purposely blurred my photo a bit because I'm not comfortable publishing pictures of other people's images.)

The boards are so lightweight that I was able to put them up with thumbtacks.


So now, when I’m at my computer or at my work table, I’m surrounded by inspiring images of color and form. Everything from other people’s jewelry to seashells on a beach. There are clippings of animals, trees, buildings, galaxies, etc.

Also, it’s easy to swap them out with new boards at any time. I love change! Rotating the artwork in my room is a monthly habit.


“To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind that will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude.” Albert Schweitzer

4 comments:

  1. I love that idea! Hope you don't mind if I "borrow" it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, no I don't mind. I'm flattered. :-)

    I was thinking maybe I could take some photos of my posters to show how they look in my room.

    I like that they don't take up much room to store which makes it so much easier to swap out my art every couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am frustrated at my lack of wall space but am thinking how I could put up one of these (on rotation too) ... good Idea thx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elli, I was torn at first, because ideally I'd like vast expanses of empty walls... clean, clean, clean... very minimalist, very sparse, and very Zen. :-) But the truth of the matter is, my living and working situation right now is crowded and so I'm not going to have a Zen look no matter what. So what the heck, I'm covering the walls with inspiration. Ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete