header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

New Jewelry Listings, Enamel and Etching Experiments, Disc Cutters

Whoa, I apologize for showing you the same newly listed jewelry in multiple blog posts. Maybe I shouldn’t wait until the end of the day (when I’m tired) to do my bloggling.

Anyway, I got out the enameling and etching stuff this past week.

My etching had a few hiccups, but experimenting and practicing are always good.




Then here are some of my enamel experiments. I’m working on cloisonné technique (but at some point soon, I’m going to have to break out the klin).

Only the first photo is an actual listing… the rest are experiments.








I’m thinking of making a charm bracelet of most of these practice pieces. I don’t know, though, how well enamel holds up to the kind of abuse a charm bracelet might cause. My pieces are counter-enameled, at least.

I listed a lot more this week and didn’t do as much blogging… so here’s a bunch of new listings. (Click on a photo for more info.)







One a personal note, I’m up to season 7 of Monk. :-)

From Comments: Hey Chris , I’ve never heard of Two Weeks Notice. Will have to check it out. And I completely agree with you about Sandra Bullock. BTW, I’m lovin’ your blog! It’s so colorful and “inspirational”. :-)

This looks like a good article on Disc Cutters.

Alright… goodnight for now.



funny pictures - If it fits...I sits
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, I've been trying to achieve the effect of your piece that is red, "enamel and etching experiments" from 2011 (Oct I think). I have the image etched and love the look of the red background with the copper raised. Do you mind sharing how you did it? Did you apply transparent or opaque? Did you stone off the raised parts to get the copper to show? Thanks!
    Deb
    dlwagnon@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb,

    My greatest apologies, but I don't actually recall how I got that orangish-pinkish tint on that first piece of etched copper.

    I'm pretty sure there's no enamel on it... so maybe it's either a heat patina or a very short LOS bath.

    I am now keeping better records of my experiments and this is a perfect example of WHY.

    Again, my apologies.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete