header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Photographing Earrings

Laura’s eternal struggle with earring photography. Sigh…

It suddenly dawned on me last night why 90% of the jewelry I make is bracelets. They’re so easy to photograph. Photographing necklaces is really hard for me. And photographing earrings is near impossible.

I tried photo’ing with the earrings with the wires punched through a piece of background paper.



Then I tried photo’ing them laying on gradient background.



Then I tried with them placed on an earring display.



Then I tried with them on the table top riser, with the riser at an angle so the drape of the earrings could be seen.



Blah! To all of them. Hmph!

Today, I got the photocube out and strung some string across the inside. I hung the earrings, one on each string (for levels and so that they don’t slide into one another).





When I finish with that, I’ll do one more shot of each, very close up, on the riser. These earrings aren’t going to be very expensive… I don’t want to spend hours photographing them.

New listing…



All the silver in this one gives it a nice heft.

Okay, TTYL!

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

3 comments:

  1. Oh man photograpy - ick! I have the cube but I'm not doing as well as you are by any stretch. What kind of camera are you using? I like the shot on the strings!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you've always been the inspiration I need when I feel like I am not getting anywhere with the photos or jewellery. Thank you!

    -Su

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photography is beautiful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete