header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Some Interesting and Useful Articles from Metalsmithing Basics to How to Stop Worrying What Others Think




And an article on pricing by Carolyn Edlund: The Price is Right

Here’s an in-depth tutorial on the basket weave earrings that are part of the PMC accreditation course.  “Silver Metal Clay Weaving Tutorial - Make Woven Fine Silver Jewelry from Metal Clay Paper or Sheet” by MSchindel

These were mine:

Now this one is a little off the above path, but being around jewelry makers all the time I certainly see my fair share of people worrying what others think of them (guilty as charged!).  So here’s a little reminder article.  I say reminder because if you’re like me… you’ve HEARD all this before.  You KNOW this stuff.  But putting it into practice is hard to remember.


So that’s it for today… just some (hopefully helpful links).

Oh, wait… I will show you something I made for one of the EtsyMetal challenges.  The challenge theme was “jumprings” so I soldered some bronze jumprings into a bubble pendant (meaning you use this to blow bubbles with soapy water).  The tiny message in resin reads “Kid at heart”.

And then I also made this pair of earrings (while I was soldering anyway).  Those are tiny vintage rhinestones in resin.




No comments:

Post a Comment