header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Art Jewelry Editors Interview Which Leads to Lalique Jewelry



Not sure how much I’ll be online the rest of the month.  Have the annual garage sale Friday and Saturday and then it’s off to Cancun for a couple weeks.

Most of you know I’m in the Etsy team called “Etsy Metal”, a juried group of professional metalsmiths who sell their work on Etsy.  Anyway, the latest buzz (other than our awesome 20% off during October anniversary sale) is an interview by Brigette Martin of the editors of Art Jewelry Magazine (one of only 3 magazines I subscribe to).

The editors actually mention Etsy Metal.  Whoohoo!  When asked where they look for ideas and inspiration online, one of the responses was “we like the etsy metal group a lot”.  Read the whole interview here. 

And with a smidge of serendipity to top it off, I was reading some online info about Brigette Martin and notice that in one photo (of the gallery she owns, I think), there is a picture in the background of a stunning art nouveau necklace that I clipped from a magazine several years ago.  It’s one of my all time favorites.  I used to think it was a Lucien Gaillard but later found out it’s actually Rene Lalique.

Here’s a close up of the amazing piece I’m talking about.



Oh, also make sure to click on the link in that interview where they editors point out a place to see sample photos of how NOT to take a jewelry photograph.

In other news, got some fun stuff out of the kiln today, but I think I’ll wait until I get back to list anything.  Here’s a teaser, though…








1 comment:

  1. I am a sucker for opals And Art Nouveau ... that is surely not like anything I have seen before ... Lovely. Have fun in Cancun <3

    ReplyDelete