header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

First day of Nationals

There are two teams from the Alaska All Stars club.  One is the 14u AA and the other is the 19u AAA (that's the one Monica is on).

Both teams won their games yesterday.  Yay!

I think I'm going to break out the Viking knit and work on that until the next game (3pm).

So I start the water for a shower then notice a spider trying to escape the tub.  Sigh...  Okay, get a magazine and let the spider crawl onto it... but I can't take him outside because I'm already nekkid.  Into the empty garbage pail he goes as a temporary solution.  After my shower, I step onto the bathrug and feel something weird and suddenly remember about the spider and wonder if he escape the garbage pail while I was showering.  Eek!  But no, he's still there.  Okay, so I rescued him from the shower.  It's just as cruel to let him waste away in the garbage pail.  After dressing, I take him outside and leave him on the lawn, musing for a few minutes my sense of obligation to the spider.

And on a totally unrelated note: We all know that using our brains is one way to keep them active and in good working order.  But they (the experts) also say that you must learn NEW skills, not just repeat things you like to do.

So I put together a jigsaw puzzle yesterday.  Something I haven't done in decades.  That's gotta count toward some useful synapse stuff, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment