header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cat Color and Temperament, Facebook Changes, Trunkt's Anorexic Book of Jewelry, 9 Steps to Achieving Any Goal, Snopes, and Foster Kittens

Foster Kittens

Monica started her community service this week. We're fostering two seven-week old kittens. They look fat and fluffy, but they're really just fluffy (I've never had a long-haired cat in 40+ years with cats)… underneath all that fur they feel like skin and bones. I feel like I'm holding a baby bird when I pick one up.



Andy is the orange one and Annie is the calico.

I'd forgotten how playful kittens can be. And these two act like typical kittens. Sleeping hard, eating often, and playing with everything they see.


SNOPES

Are you a fan of SNOPES? If so, you might also enjoy this site: Truth or Fiction

Here's a cool one (truth) about Dolphins playing with air bubble rings.



But the story of a man who befriends a great white shark… not true.


9 Steps to Achieving Any Goal

I read this book. There were some interesting things. But if you read a lot of books of this sort, you'll begin to see that there's nothing new under the sun. It's all the same. It's just a matter of who wants to embrace these tenets and put them to use.

Anyway, if you're interested in this particular person's take on it:
Read here.

The most interesting one for me was the second one… about not referring to what you want as a "goal" but rather as a "promise".


MAKIN' JEWELRY

I was at Half-Price books last night, perusing the usual. Came across a couple interesting books. Came across something that surprised me (but I got in way hot water the last time I mentioned in public about something that surprised me… hmph). Anyway, THIS time it was a small (very small!) book put out by TRUNKT.

Well, I WAS going to show you the book, but I can't find it anywhere online. Phft! I'm sure it's out there, but I don't want to waste my time looking.

The book had very few pages. The contents were gorgeous pieces of crafted jewelry… but really… why so few pages?

Anyway, when I see jewelry I love I SOOOOO miss making things myself. Maybe I can squeeze in some time tonight, tomorrow night and this weekend.


FACEBOOK

Facebook made another change. I think I understand this one SLIGHTLY more than the understood the last change… but … ick… I don't have time to figure things out… so now it's fewer and further between my Facebook posts.


CAT COLOR

Oh, one thing that I learned when we were going through fostering orientation is that the guy giving us the orientation also believes different colored cats have different personalities.

I never really gave it THAT much thought before, but I do recall saying things like, "Man, every orange cat I've ever met is so friendly."

HE said the same thing. Orange cats are like that.

If you google "cat color and temperament" you will see a vast array of articles on the subject (but stay away from the YahooAnswers pages, IMO).

No comments:

Post a Comment