header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Metaphysical Or Just Not Yet Common Knowledge? And… Another Fun Way To Donate To Animal Causes

METAPHYSICAL OR JUST NOT YET COMMON KNOWLEDGE?

I have a DS game I play when I need to kill a few minutes. It's an anagram game. I get five or six letters (I've played this game for a year and can't remember if it's five or six… how sad is that?!) and then I make those letters into as many 3-or-more letter words as I can before getting all of the ones the DS has or before I give up.

Anyway, sometimes (often!) I get stumped. There will be one or more words that I just can't think what they are no matter how long or how hard I stare at the letters. But I have found (through MANY experiments) that if I go away and come back later that day or even the next day, those missing words suddenly come to effortlessly. Eek!

This leads me to believe that some part of my subconscious has been working on the puzzle while my conscious mind is totally oblivious to it.

I would think this can't possibly be true and must surely be coincidence, but it's happened too many times to be coincidence.

Anyway, if it's true, it just goes to show that we haven't a clue of the full potential of our minds.

Remember the scarf thing? There's an old saying that if you lose something, tie a knot in a scarf and you will find it.

Here's my theory on how/why this works (because it DOES work for me, ridiculous as it may sound): believing that tying a knot in a scarf makes your lost object appear takes the pressure of your mind about finding it yourself. Because when you're frantically looking around for it, it's like that thing in my anagram game… I can't get it no matter how hard I try. But… if I "let it go" and let my subconscious take over and simply REMEMBER where I put the thing, then I find it apparently miraculously.

BTW, I tied a knot in a scarf this morning and within five minutes I found something Mon and I had been looking for for a few weeks, and a couple hours later I found something I'd been frantically looking for for three days.

I'm just saying…


HOCKEY

Tonight, I have to make sure the dog is walked and dinner is prepared so that I can sit in front of the tv for three hours and watch what I hope will be a good hockey game.


ANOTHER FUN WAY TO DONATE TO ANIMAL CAUSES

Here's a photo contest. Only $2 per photo entered. Think of it as a donation. Like, if you would be interested in donated $50 to their cause, you can submit 25 photo entries. How fun is that?! I'm definitely doing it.


funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures

funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment