header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Reading Material, Trying to Work With Etsy's Relevancy Search Engine, and Earrings from Magazine Tutorials

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Happy February, everyone!

Got my computer back. Yay! New harddrive.

So now to get back into the swing of blogging.

I decided to switch to Google Chrome, but I’m having some “getting used to it” issues. Namely, I’m confused about the how and where of my favorites. Hmph!

Finished, ravenously I might add, The Hunger Games trilogy.

I always find it sad when I finish a book I really, really loved. I find it so hard to find books that I love. Sigh…

Anyway, I downloaded two new ones. One is The Serpent Passage by Todd Allen Pitts and the other is Mindfulness: An Eight-Week Plan for Finding Peace in a Frantic World by Mark Williams and Danny Penman.

I started them both and so far, so good.

As far as tv goes, I’m addicted to Downton Abbey. I started watching from the start of the second season, discovered there was a first season, went back and watched the entire first season on Netflix, then re-watched the episodes from the second season also so they finally made sense to me and I could quit asking my mom questions like, “Which one is that again?”, “Is that his daughter or his wife?”, “I thought this guy already went to war.”

I’m astounded at how they all seemed interchangeable to me until I had some background (ie, the first season). I honestly couldn’t keep anyone straight. Looking at them now, however, after having watched the first season, I can’t imagine EVER mixing anyone up.


Etsy’s Search Engine

One of my projects for this week is to go into every one of my Etsy listings and redo the title and the keywords to work with their new “relevancy” search system.

I will:

1) Change my titles to an inverted pyramid shape with the first few words of the title being the ones I except to be searched on the most and tapering down to words least likely to be searched on.

2) Change/update my keywords (the “tags”) with what may seem like redundancy but according to Etsy will bring my items higher in the searches. For example, instead of keywords that say: “necklace”, “sterling silver”, “handmade”… I will now have “handmade necklace”, “sterling silver necklace”, etc.

I’ll let you know if I notice any changes in my stats. For right now, I’m going cross-eyed making all these changes. Hard to sit still for that long.

In the meantime… let me show you some new creations.

These two pair of earrings were made from magazine tutorials (I’m trying to actually USE some of the tutorials I’ve purchased and/or clipped over the years).

The silver ones aren’t clickable because they already sold, but all the other items should be clickable.




I added two more color choices of scatter bracelets.



The deer haven’t been around as much this past month. Not for US, anyway…

No comments:

Post a Comment