header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Thursday, June 29, 2017

The Organizing Journey Day 10



Day 10 – Yeah, It’s My Birthday

Which means I don’t REALLY have to do anything fruitful today, right?

Up at 4:30am again (it seems to be habit now).  Had to clear stuff out of my studio without actually organizing any of it (teaching at 10am).

So I set up my “show” table in my bedroom (it’s about the size of 2 card tables together) and put the removed clutter there. 


That may actually work out well because I didn’t use up all the table so I may be able to DO a lot of my sorting right there ON the table.

Anyway, class was fun even though it wasn’t what we’d planned.  We made stacker ring sets.  Here are the rings they made.



And now a friend is coming over and we’re going to go out and have dinner.

I still haven’t done the dishes, but there aren’t really any more than before.  The only thing I’ve dirtied is a glass so there aren’t even any dishes on the counter, just in the sink (I can live with that for another day).

Tomorrow I will work on trying to stamp a skinny ring (a stacker, basically).  I haven’t had much success with that yet, but want to keep trying because a very patient person is waiting on me for it.

I’ll also mow in the orchard tomorrow.  Then I can spend the rest of the day organizing.  Yay!

Oh, I did do one thing today that may not be actual organizing but certainly counts toward improving my living conditions (which is the point of organizing to begin with, so I feel they’re related).  I finally installed an overhead light above my work table in the studio.  It’s not pretty, but it serves its purpose quite well.  (The photo was taken before I moved my table back into place… it actually IS over the table when in use.)



The light I got apparently stopped being sold the day after I purchased it (I was going to show you the link), but here’s one that’s similar but twice as long (mine is only 2 feet long).  Similar light.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments and feedback.  It’s great hearing from you all and finding out that I’m not alone in this journey.  :-)  Share your tips, tricks, ideas and experiences too, in the comments section.


To see the beginning of this journey, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great space to work. Love the white drawers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely show better photos of the studio (before and after) once I actually make progress in there. I am VERY grateful to have a place to create/work.

      Delete