header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Enamel Earrings, Hair Color, Firescale, and a Proud Mama



Hi Guys…. I didn’t accomplish too much yesterday but at least I spent some time in the workshop.  Knocked out a couple pair of my new enamel earrings and made new sample swatches (not shown) for the new colors I got earlier this month.

Finally listed the red pair…
http://brackendesigns.com/catalog/earrings

But my two blue pair are only half photographed.  I was originally going to make them one listing and just offer color choices, but for some reason I changed my mind and decided to make each a separate listing.  Maybe I feel my shop is on the lean side.  Shrug.
http://brackendesigns.com/catalog/earrings

Look at the backsides before I add the counter-enamel.  Aren’t they lovely?  I almost hate scrubbing that pretty heat pattern off.

I wanted to do a third pair using one of my transparent colors, but tried to fire my new undercoat white was a nightmare.  The other colors range from 3-5 minutes in the kiln for each layer of enamel, but the white was in there for over 10 minutes and still was way before the orange peel stage.  My little kiln has its limitations for enameling... and my big kiln is awkward and sooty.  But plenty of other things to do/try... no need to have everything at my disposal.

Ah, here’s a picture of my new hair color.  After the move I found a bottle of hair dye and had  no clue what the result would be but figured it would HAVE to be better than my gray.  It shocked me at first.  I looked in the mirror and exclaimed, “OMG, I’m a Weasley!”.  But I’m getting used to it now.

Here's a photo of the view when my friend and I go on a walk.  I'm so lucky to live where I do right now.

BTW, Monica had a great game yesterday… stopped 47 of 49 shots (including a penalty shot) helping Brown to net their first win in quite some time.  Here’s the write-up.



No comments:

Post a Comment