header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy, Tired, Reflective

And I don't mean as in glows when headlights hit me.


Happy
I had a really nice weekend. Details may follow tomorrow but a couple things have me mentally side-tracked today.


Tired
Well, yeah, I'm tired. We got in at 12:30 last night. Gabe would normally be as tired, but Mon got a cold last week and Gabe just started to get it before we left so I think when he asked to stay home from school this morning it he genuinely is fighting off the cold that's going around.


Reflective
Not sure... I just feel like I've got things on my mind (I mentioned distractions, yes?).

One of the things is a printer I can't get to work right.

Another is Gabe's relationship with his new team.

Another is Monica's progress on HER new team.

Then there are so many things that need to be taken care of in the near future... taking care of a Fasttrack error, finding out where we stand with the evaluation and court, dealing with my new (unusable) printer, taking care of some DMV stuff, getting Gabe going with his driver's license, etc.


Jewelry
I think I'm getting closer to figuring out what I want here and how I want to run our business (Mon and I). Mon has more than proven to me that she can handle 95% of the jewelry making. This will leave me time to concentrate on learning new techniques and creating designs that I might be able to take to boutiques or galleries. We'll see. I don't stress on this stuff. Creating is a joy to me, so if things sell it's only a bonus.

Did I mention, however, that I signed up for two metalsmithing classes at BABE (next Thursday and Friday)? Hopefully I get a good idea from those classes if this is something I'm suited for. This also means I should clear the kitchen table and get the kiln into reachable and working order. :-)

Okay, nothing else much to share.

I'll post more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment