header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Saturday, June 28, 2014

It's My Birthday

Today’s my birthday.

I know I haven’t posted much lately but this is going to be a vapid enough entry that it won’t count as anything yet anyway. Soon, though.

Two days in the year I like to whatever I feel like doing and being extremely lazy (if I so desire) and not feeling guilty about anything like not working, staying in my jammies all day, eating what I want, etc. My birthday and Christmas.

I did sleep in a bit, but I go dressed as soon as I got out of bed.

I’m actually enjoying cleaning my workshop. I do so very slowly, taking many distraction breaks (Facebook, playing with the cat, getting a snack, etc). So I did that for awhile then went to my dad’s for a visit and lunch.

From there I went to watch my daughter play in a tournament. The game went back and forth and at the final buzzer it was a tie so they went into a shootout. Monica’s team won. Nice birthday present.  (Mon is the yellow goalie)


Back home, more SLOW organizing and cleaning then I’ll make a salad and veg out in front of the tv.

I received hundreds of well wishes on Facebook and that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Yes, I know FB notifies users of their “friends’” birthdays, but these people made the effort to post on my wall and for that I am grateful and honored.

On a down note, the sealant testing isn’t going so well. I’ll probably do an update soon.

And... a new guy has shown up.  Of all the fosters and ferals we've taken in, I think this is the scruffiest, saddest looking cat I've ever seen.  Skin and bones and just NOT good looking (healthy-wise, I mean).

He's been here pretty non-stop for about five days now so I'm guessing he's making himself at home.  Runs away as soon as he sees a person, but otherwise gets along with the other cats (thank goodness).

The dude empties the cat food bowl pretty routinely.

Hope everyone else had a great day and talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment