header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

In the midst of metal clay class


Finished with two of my three days of metal clay class.

Coming home the first night really brought back memories of my previous 10 years when it was:
Work all day at the office
Come home and get the kids to hockey
Come home again and make jewelry/prepare orders
Fall asleep exhausted
Do it all over again the next day

I LOVELOVELOVED raising the kids and I’m glad I was able to have them play hockey for 10 years, but that kind of schedule really takes a toll on me.

I’m so grateful that, for now, I’m able to do what I’m doing… spending every day learning and creating.  I’ve had a couple of opportunities recently to teach some jewelry-making, so I’ll looking into that too.

Anyway, back to class… we have three more projects to finish tomorrow and if everything gets done and fired, we’ll then be graded (or reviewed).

Although I love lampworking and polymer clay and forging metal and enameling… I feel a special affinity for metal clay... so wish me luck!  :-)

Alright, talk to you soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment