Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A really wonderful surprise from the post office!

So, I'm on day three of trying to eat healthier. I'm going with a 40-40-30 breakdown (40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat) and trying to keep a daily caloric intake of 1500. I'm not planning on being a nutso calorie-counter… after all I'm not trying to DIET… I want to develop healthy eating habits… for life. But until I get a real feel for what's in what foods, I will read the labels.

My downfall so far is lack of exercise. Maybe tonight, while the kids are at goalie practice in Vacaville, I'll go to Target and pick up some walking shoes. Then I can walk while they're at the rink. I also need to get a decent pair of headphones or earbuds or something. I was trying to listen to my MP3 player last night at Mon's practice and the buds are crackly.

I haven't started weaning myself from coffee yet. I'll work on that later. No need to freak my body out all at once.

Monica's a big help. Her willpower is stronger than anyone's I've ever seen in my life. She's downright stubborn about it. She makes all three of our lunches in the morning (or the night before) and she helps me plan meals.


Good News
Okay THIS is unbelievably good. It's one of those unexpected things. Over four months ago, I sent a package to one of my regular customers in England. She never got it. :-( We were both pretty unhappy with that. I haven't had very many packages go missing at all. Well, guess what showed up in my mailbox yesterday? Unbelievable. I couldn't be happier. I emailed her to see if she still want the order; if not I'll list the items again. I'm just so happy to have the package returned and it was so unexpected.


Hockey
Just found out Gabe has a tournament in Dallas during the Thanksgiving holiday… his dad's weekend. Mon will be at an Anaheim tournament. I may be with her… undecided at the moment.


Beading
Oh, and here's a note I want to remember, so what better place to put it than my blog? "… seed-bead manufacturer Toho has developed a permanent galvanized seed bead. I’ve worked with them quite a bit and they are very stable." This is from Jean Campbell who writes about beading and life every Wednesday on Beading Daily.


And now I must flee! TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment