Monday, September 15, 2008

I did a lot today... which is why I didn't blog much

I've got to tell you, it is HUGELY liberating getting rid of stuff. Coming to the conclusion that "I don't need this" is wonderful. I'm going through some papers and tossing most out and I ran across two published articles of mine. I set them aside thinking, "Well, I may need these… or what if I want to show someone someday that I was published, etc?" Ha ha ha! Yeah, after five minutes set aside on my desk, I turned back to them, picked them up and threw them in with the rest of everything that's going in the garbage. I think the articles were more of a representation of my ego than of anything I may really "need" in the future.

Very few of you could know how NOT ME this kind of action is. I've been a hoarder for 47 years. "I might need it someday!" was my mantra. Oh, this is so nice. It's a slow process, but at least it's begun.

SRAJD
I spent the last several days working non-stop on the roster and other member information. Marilyn has joined the crew and wow what a help she is. She's getting me totally up to speed on all the past requests for roster changes. In a few days, we'll have a meeting and discuss dividing the work up so that things begin to run smoothly and efficiently.

Thanks for bearing with us. Didn't expect the group to take off with the speed it has. Wonderful and intimidating at the same time.

Anyway, I'm going to cut out now. A little out of energy these days (I think the whole family is fighting off some kind of bug… I'd better hit up the resources).

Contest
Oh yeah, and I need to update the contest since my migraine kept me from it for the past week.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment