header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Deep Breath

Change is good, no?

For those who never really noticed, I rarely blog on the weekends. Why? Because I write my blogs in WORD and then upload them to my website. Now, I'm going to instead try using this online blogging format and see how it goes.

Wish me luck!

Oh, my old blogs will still be available... but anything from today forward (hopefully) will be here. So, without further ado...

Life
Still so much purging to do regarding material items in my life. What's the hold-up? The garbage isn't so much the problem... that I just put into bags and throw into the backyard for eventual trip to the dump. The stuff we're giving away (goodwill, art schools, etc) is also not too terribly bad. I think the real problem is the stuff that I'm willing to part with but that I feel should be sold because my need for money right now outweighs my ability to just give EVERYTHING away. Listing things on eBay takes time. Selling things on Craigslist is scary and weird (I don't like meeting people in person to sell things).

Oh well, I'll just try to move faster on all of this. So far, I only have two boxes of books packed. Ha ha ha!

I have organized my beads in a really cool way, at least. They take up less room now and it's easier to design by color.

Yesterday I started packing my lampworking stuff. Man, I really do miss lampworking. Well, someday... when there's less going on in my life.

I was thinking that another thing I could/should do is go through my harddrive files and delete the original photographs that I don't need anymore. I know my innate response to everything in my life is KEEP KEEP KEEP. You never know when you'll need something. But... ugh! That's how I end up with so much clutter in my life. I need to be WAY less attached to "stuff".

Family
The kids are heading into Canada today. They camped in Oregon Saturday night and then were in Washington yesterday. Today they are taking a ferry across the border.

They aren't texting/calling me as much as I thought they would, but hopefully that means they're having a good time and just don't have time.

Jewelry
I have some new creations that I put on eBay but haven't had a chance yet to update my site yet.




Oh, don't forget to enter your email for a chance to win the FREEBIE OF THE WEEK (contest ends tomorrow).

Well, I'd better sign out now. Lots to do today.

Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Laura I love that necklace! Such soft colors, peaches ivory yummy! As always your work is fabulous!

    I'm going to link to your blog - so let's swap. I don't want to spam your comments - you can click on my name and get my url to get the link.

    Your photography is always perfect too - shows off your work to it's best advantage.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I wish you'd read my post in that LE thread last week. Eek! I can barely read your name without blushing out of huge embarrassment.

    BTW, always feel free to spam my comments. :-)

    You're my first comment and I'm thrilled!

    ReplyDelete